Live Streaming TV – PlayStation Vue
Sony’s HD TV Streaming media service otherwise known as PlayStation Vue was formulated to compete with other players who have already made a place for themselves such as DirecTV Now, Hulu With Live, YouTube TV and others. On the Roku, simply perform the psvue.com/activateroku process to get a range of the newest live and on-demand programming in just one single place.
Vying for a fair share of its pie, Sony launched the service sometime in 2015 essentially as an alternative to expensive satellite and cable television services, which also charged tremendously for equipment, additional HD fees, and much more. In the end, Sony also saw to it that PlayStation Vue was not synonymous to gaming alone, but a little bit more than that. Use the console to play music, rent your favorite movies or when the occasion deems, use it as a solid Blu-Ray player. And, here is the best part – stream live TV. Watch popular programming such as Scandal, Better Call Saul, Penny Dreadful and lots more along with news and sporting action in your region.
PlayStation Vue Activation- psvue.com/activateroku
With no contractual requirements unlike cable TV and satellite services, users can activate PlayStation Vue on roku while renewing subscriptions each month. Take a free trial for five days, which you can either refresh or cancel at any time that you wish.
- To set up PlayStation Vue on the Roku, you have to reach out to the Roku Channel Store of the device to, first, add it
- Now, open the channel and click on ACTIVATE YOUR DEVICE; if you have already downloaded the PlayStation Vue app, you can directly go to this option
- Thereafter you have to sign in on the PS VUE website and enter the Roku activation code at psvue.com/activateroku to sync all the screens
- Verify if the PlayStation Vue app running on the Roku is the current version; for this, press the STAR or * button after highlighting the app
- Alternatively go to HOME > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > SYSTEM UPDATE > CHECK NOW
Related Article : How to Link Plextv to Roku?
Features of PlayStation Vue Streaming
- Save all your favorite programming into a cloud for around 28 days
- All shows on live TV will be aired at the same time
- Use EXPLORE that comes with adaptive filters that make content discovery extremely easy; search by the rating of the show, genre or the length
- Content chosen as the favorite using the FAVORITE CHANNEL option will be dropped on top of the queue in your guide
- Track all your viewing habits with the help of the TIMELINE feature
- Finally, on the home screen itself, you can prepare a personalized list of recommendations for yourself
PlayStation Vue Channel Lineup
To satiate your need for quality binge watching Sony offers couch potatoes four tiers of plans. The pricing listed below apparently is old, but raised rates will be reflected on the screen for newer memberships.
- The plan cost begins at $44.99 per month
- 48 popular channels are available in it
- Servicessuch as ESPN, CBS, ABC, FX, and SyFy along with the Disney Channel can be accessed
- Priced at around $49.99 per month the Core Plan contains 66 channels
- ESPN services along with ESPNews and ESPNU are also available
- Other channels available for sports fans are:
- NFL Network
- NBC Golf,
- Beginning at $59.99 per month the Elite caters to TV buffs
- It features 89 channels with specialties such as NatGeo, Logo, MGM, Boomerang, and others
- Costs around $79.99
- Packs in more than 90 channels including Showtime and HBO
- HBO costs around $15 per month when you add on
- Showtime costs around $10.99 while Epix Hits is rated at $2.99 per month; at just $13.99 per month you can get both of them
- Cinemax is available at $15.oo and Fox Soccer Plus can be availed at $12.99 per month
PlayStation Vue app
- Get access to 40 pre-selected live channels
- View all of them even when on-the-go
- Watch shows captured on Catch Up and On Demand programming
- Set Home Location with the help of your zip code to watch all programming on your mobile device with the PlayStation Vue app