Roku Setup Process
Installing your new Roku device is a breeze. You do not have to juggle too much. Accomplish the Roku setup by just plugging the HDMI cord into the TV and the player, insert the remote’s batteries and let the display do the work for you.
Basic setup instructions
- Just as a refresher, here are the basic instructions for setting up your player.
- To get audio and visual you must first start by plugging the HDMI cable into the TV’s corresponding HDMI port.
- The player also has one at the back (most often)
HDMI cords and other connectors
- With pentagon-shaped plugs on either end, the HDMI cord is about 3 to 6 feet in length and goes into a port located on the right side of your TV. Most of the TVs have two of these inputs but some of them have only one.
- Composite connections are used for older TVs that do not have any HDMI port. In these, you will find red, green and blue circular inlets, which are known as component connections and in others, there are composite connectors namely red, white and yellow.
- Next, open the remote’s compartment at the back and insert the batteries packaged along with the Roku player. Identify the latch on top of the cover and press it down.
- Now, connect the power adapter to the Roku. Insert the pin at the ‘DC IN’ marked behind the device. The other end goes into a power outlet on the wall.
- Turn on the TV and change the input with the help of the remote. Before this, you must pair the remote
- You will see the ‘Roku – Starting, please wait’, ‘Roku – Launching home screen’ and finally the ‘Welcome to the Roku player’ screens in succession.
Wireless network connection
- Press ‘Ok’ and then connect to the wireless network.
- You can connect to the Wi-Fi by selecting your wireless network name. This is also the one that you use for other devices.
- If your model supports an Ethernet cable, you will find a port at the back. Connect to the network with it. Wireless networks are automatically detected by the Roku.
- Now, you have to wait while Roku installs its software. Thereafter, the player restarts all by itself.
- After rebooting, the device may ask you to enter some information. You can do that to complete your setup.
- Once you press on ‘Done’ you will receive an activation code
- Jot down this code, in case you want to use it sometime in the future
- Now, you have to enter the Roku.com/link code to sync your account and your device
From here, you can just follow instructions for setting up your device. At the same time, if you are unable to create your account or not able to understand the displays on your TV, go to your PC and type https://www.myrokucom-link.com/. Otherwise, call our agents 24/7 at +1-877-302-5260.